Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Antomy of a Rear End.....collison

We were driving down US 72 leaving Madison, headed to Toys R Us and the car in front of us slams on their brakes, I slam on the van's brakes (yes, our new van, the one I just spent hours waxing and detailing) and stop, I swear within a few inches of the car in front of us. The thoughts which ran thru my brain were NO!!!!, whew, oh no. Yes, the lady driving behind us couldn't stop in time and rear ended our van. She was driving a Kia four door car. Her car was not drivable and had a lot of damage. The van didn't sustain too much damage as you can see. The good news is the lady who hit us, her insurance will pay for the damage to the van, not our insurance. So we don't have to pay a deductible nor will a claim appear on our insurance. I have spoken to a rep at the lady's insurance rep a few times and the rep seemed professional and easy to deal with.

The important thing is that Julie, Alex and I didn't get hurt, we couldn't have been going more than 30 mph when we got hit. Alex cried for a minute or two and then was back to his normal self. Medical attention wasn't required of the lady who hit us either. This was just a fender-bender.





2 comments:

  1. So...what happened to the original idiot who slammed on their brakes? They should be the ones paying for all of this mess! Glad to hear the person who hit you though has good insurance...and...I am so so glad you guys are okay! You should use that 5,000.00 BWW gift card and go relax and treat yourselves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad nobody was hurt. Fred was just in a fender bender too. Didn't look like too much damage to his Trailblazer at first, until the body shop took off the bumper and discovered more damage behind it that wasn't visible. Oh joy.

    I'm sure you already know this but you're supposed to replace a car seat anytime it's been in any type of accident. The insurance company usually pays for it. Make sure you get some moolah from the lady's insurance company for a new throne for Alex :)

    ReplyDelete