Here is what Alex is up to as a three year old...
*Alex still loves his "taggies". He is a little bit of a tag snob - they have to be silky and smooth - but he doesn't care what they are on - toys, washclothes, clothes, etc. When he is tired, he will find them. He likes to rub them against his nose.
*We love to check on Alex before we go to bed because we never know what we will find. He still falls asleep in various positions all over his bed and he likes to put his pillows or big pillow pets on top of himself so we usually find him buried under stuff. I asked him one time why he did this and he said, "so I can't see the monsters".
*Alex typically goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until around 6:30-7:00. He still takes an afternoon nap and usually sleeps for 1 1/2- 2 hours. We are fortunate that he goes down really well - he plays hard and crashed hard!
*He loves his morning routine of getting up and watching an episode of "monkey" (Curious George) and having cereal (dry in a cup) and milk on the couch.
*He is very independent and wants to do everything himself. He picks out his own clothes (yikes!) and dresses himself. He has to get his own snacks out of the pantry and put them in his snack cup. He has started to help me make his pb&j sandwiches at lunch. He wants to wash his own hands, but isn't very thorough yet - so this is usually a battle. And everything else that he can he wants to do his way and by himself!
*Alex has a little OCD in him and thrives on routines and doing things the same way. One little quirk - he likes to take a bite of the frozen bread before I put it in the toaster for pb&j sandwiches.
*Alex is currently very into playing Hide and Seek and is actually quite good at it.
*Alex is a very physical child - always wants to be wrestling or cuddling or pretty much in your space/ bubble. He struggles with going and playing by himself/entertaining himself when we are inside.
"Mommy play with me" is heard throughout the day.
*Alex loves outside, but does not enjoy the Alabama heat! He will complain that it is too sunny out.
He LOVES the swimming pool and is a lot more independent in the pool this year. He loves to catch toys and bugs with his new net.
*He loves golf and wants to do everything just like Eric when it comes to golf - wear golf shoes, use a golf glove, hit the same clubs when they practice at night, etc.
*Alex is all boy - he loves to wrestle, play in mud/dirt, play with bugs, etc. He got a lot of bug equipment for his birthday and will play with a bug for 15 minutes or more - putting it in the bug cage, letting it out and re-catching it, etc. He likes dinosaurs, alligators, snakes, etc.
*Alex loves to cuddle and read books. Sometimes when Brodie is sleeping Alex will just pick a big pile of books and want me to read to him for a half hour or more. Love doing this with him!
*Whenever Eric and I talk, Alex wants to be part of the conversation and he will ask - "Momma what did Daddy say?" or "What are you guys talking about?"
*Alex does not like it if I am upset with him and anytime I get mad or frustrated with him, he will ask me "Momma, you happy?" and if I say yes he will say, "smiley face" and I have to smile and show him I am happy. If I say I am sad or mad because he wasn't being a good listener or he hurt Brodie, etc. - he will give me hugs and kisses, promise to be a good listener or do something "nice" and then ask if I am happy now.
*Alex cracks me up daily with what he says and the conversations that we have. I am amused and amazed at how his little mind works!
*Alex is a sweet boy - he truly has a good heart and can be such a sweet and loving boy, but we are definitely going through the Terrible Twos/Threes. He pushes the limits and is working on staking his independence that is for sure. And he inherited a stubborn streak from one of us! We say "use your words" several times a day as we work on him talking to us about what he wants/why he is upset instead of just getting upset/crying. We definitely pray daily for patience and wisdom as we trial and error through this stage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


love that sweet boy!
ReplyDelete