I want to take a moment to document Alex's current attachment to his Baby Brother. It may be my very large stomach, but Alex is definitely very aware of and quite attached to Baby Brother these past couple of weeks. Whenever we are on the couch, reading or whatever, Alex will say "Momma, open up Baby Brother" and I will have to lift up my shirt so he can be close to the baby.
Here are a few things that Alex likes to do with Baby Brother...
- he will pretend to feed him his cereal in the morning and give him sips from his sippy cup
- he will take his medical kit and listen to Baby Brother's heartbeat
- he will tell him things that he is going to do with him - "I give you pacifier", "I share my taggies you", "I play football you and tackle you" (can't wait for that one!).
- he will point out things in the book we are reading - "Look Baby Brother a choochoo"
- he lifts up my shirt and gives Baby Brother good night kisses every night when he goes to bed
- he likes to use my stomach as a pillow and lay his head on it and cuddle with Baby Brother
Right now Alex is a sweet and loving Big Brother - hopefully he will retain a few of those feelings once Baby Brother comes and shakes up his world.
I am going to spare you the pictures I have of Alex giving my big ole stomach some kisses :).
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment