Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy 2nd Birthday to Alex!!!

I don't know how it happened, but we have a 2 year old in our house!


Alex helped me make the cupcakes for his little birthday/play date. Last night when he wanted to eat them I explained they were for his birthday and he could have them when Rory and Evan came over. Well, this morning I could hear him talking on his monitor and he was saying "Evan, Rory, eat cupcakes, Yum!" Too cute!

He celebrated his birthday with Evan and Rory this morning.

He was a little excited to open his presents, they barely made it into the house...



Finally cupcakes! Unfortunately I didn't realize how bad the lighting was until later - I should have closed the blinds.....


(Notice the pink shoes Alex is wearing in the picture below - he put on Rory's shoes and insisted on wearing them all morning and went around saying "my shoes". )


You may want to mute your computer for this video as I am tone deaf and singing right into the camera ;).....



Unfortunately Eric had to put in a 13 hour work day today, so we will have our family celebration tomorrow.

Here is what our big boy is up to these days.

*Hide and Seek -
His new favorite game to play is Hide and Seek. "I hiding, I hiding" - let's us know that we are playing hide and seek. He plays with Eric at night and always hides behind the glider in his room. Sometimes he is actually a good hider and will just hide in the same spot the whole time we play and sometimes he simply lays in the middle of the floor and hides his face ;).


*Talking -
He is talking all the time and using a lot of 3-4 word phrases...a few examples....
"I go Evan house" - pretty much says this every morning
"I go find it"
"pet Buddy nice" - wish he really did ;)
"be right back"
"I watch monkey" - we have started to allow some tv viewing and have introduced Alex to Curious George

*Temperament -
Thankfully Alex is still a pretty easy going kid. He doesn't have the big dramatic kicking meltdowns, but definitely has his toddler moments of testing and testing and more testing. He is very independent and wants to brush his own teeth, doesn't want to hold our hand in parking lots, and "I do it" is a favorite phrase :). But he usually gives in with mild protest - enough to let us know that he is two.

*Favorite Things -
Alex still LOVES lawnmowers! If he hears one when we are outside, he is determined to go find it. He likes tractors and is getting into matchbox cars too. He loves playing outside - he usually is pushing toys around up and down the sidewalk, fixing something with Eric's tools or playing golf.

Here is a little look back at our sweet boy...

*Alex as a newborn....

*Alex as a one year old...

No comments:

Post a Comment