Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New job for the E Meister?

For a while now, I have been looking for a new HR opportunity. Not just any job, but a job I could really get excited about. Julie and I have been praying a lot about what God wants for us and where he wants us to live. Recently, I have been interviewing with two pharmaceutical companies, one in Huntsville called Qualitest and another company called Chattem located in Chattanooga, TN.

Both of these opportunities sounded great, both were challenging opportunities in a growth industry. To make a long story short, after interviewing over a period of 5 weeks, I received an offer from both companies. What to do now? After lots of prayers, it felt like the Qualitest job was the way to go - so I accepted the position called HR Business Partner.

Yesterday I submitted my resignation to Hart & Cooley after working there for 7 years. My last day will be May 31st and begin working at Qualitest the following day. Qualitest is a generic drug manufacturer with about 1400 employees working in a campus of three large buildings. I will be assigned to one of these three buildings. Qualitest has recently been purchased by another pharmaceutical company called Endo Pharmaceuticals based in Philadelphia. My job will be to help integrate Endo's the policies and procedures into the Qualitest culture.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you can move towards our side of the mountain??? :) Congrats Eric!

    ReplyDelete