Tuesday, November 4, 2014

OCTOBER

I am very very very behind on blogging...so here is my attempt to basically cover the month of October in one post.  We are getting more and more settled into the house and had a fun and busy month.  Here are the highlights...probably not in order.

ROBINETTES FIELD TRIP:
I went with Alex's class to a local apple orchard for a field trip.  We went on a hay ride, saw how cider is made, went through a corn maze and had cider and donuts.



PAJAMA PUMPKIN PARTY:
Alex's school had a Pajama Pumpkin Party the night before Halloween.  It is always big excitement to get to wear pajamas to school.

When we arrived there was a variety of sensory stations set up:  play dough, Gak, popcorn kernels, corn, etc.



 Then the pastor told a pumpkin parable.  Brodie sat right up there with Alex and was so enthralled he didn't move an inch.

They decorated pumpkin cookies.

Then ended the night with a little puppet show.


HALLOWEEN:
*First we went trick or treating at Eric's office.  They turned off the lights in the main area and the kid's got to trick or treat through all the offices and cubicles.  Many of the offices and cubicles were decorated for Halloween.

Policeman and Batman:

Sorting the loot....

The boys each filled their pumpkins to the top!

Thankfully they got a lot of candy at Eric's office because Halloween night was FREEZING.  We had snow flurries during the day and then temperatures in the 30's and windchills in the 20's for trick or treating.  We put Brodie in the stroller to go between houses and he never got out.  After a few houses he said he was freezing and wanted to go home.  Eric took Brodie home and Alex and  I continued trick or treating.  I told Alex I would go until he was too cold.  We went for about an hour and then he said his face was freezing.

All bundled up and ready to go:
 Other randomness I want to remember....

Brodie is very into accessorizing.  He is usually found with key chains, necklaces, binoculars, etc. around his neck:
 Alex and I went to a Home Depot Kid's Workshop and built a bird house:
 Brodie is potty trained!!!  We are still working on #2, but he is pretty much accident free for the past few weeks!
 Dress Like a Pirate Day at Krispy Kreme =free dozen donuts!  This is post costume picture:
 Brodie's new favorite thing to play is "moving".  He is the mover and he piles all of our toys on the treadmill (aka moving truck) and then he uses the tipped over chair as his ladder to climb on and off the truck...


 Cutting apples from the orchard to make applesauce:
 I took Alex to see his first movie in a movie theater.  We went to the Lego Movie:
 We went on a hayride at Bethke Farms to go pick out our pumpkins.  They had a play area with a pirate ship the boys liked playing on:
 Brodie loves to fix things like his Daddy.  He is under his jeep fixing it with some tools:
We went to John Ball Zoo on a nice fall day with their cousin, Kensie, and I got this cute shot of Alex on the play area.  
 Who can do the best trick landing: (also a summary of the boys personalities:))




No comments:

Post a Comment