Thursday, January 30, 2014

Brodie

I was going to do another post when I realized I never posted Brodie's two year old post.  Poor neglected second child ;).  I think I was waiting to download some pictures to add and then just forgot to publish it to the blog.

So - a couple months late...here is Brodie at age TWO!!

Brodie's Two Year Stats:
Weight - 30 lbs (75th %)
Height- 38 inches (off the charts)
*There is always a little human error with how they measure the boys, but Brodie has
been consistently off the carts for height, so I think it is safe to say he will be tall!  If you do the "doubling trick" he is projected to be 6'4".

For comparison - here are Alex's two year stats:
Weight - 29 lbs (60-75th%)
Height - 35 inches (75th%)
Head - 49 3/4 cm (80th%)

Brodie's Favorite Things:

1.  "Momma Hide".  Brodie requests to play Hide and Seek several times a day.  He can count to ten pretty much by himself now thanks to so many rounds of Hide and Seek.  However at night when it gets dark he is starting to get scared and will request to play but then won't want to come find me. He will say "momma scare me" or say "I scared".   

2.  "You see that Momma (or Daddy)?"  Brodie has to show off for us all the time.  So he will make sure that we are watching before he performs ;).  

3.  "Daddy sit watch show".  Brodie loves to sit on Eric's lap and watch tv with him.  He usually insists that Eric scratch his stomach as well.  

4.  "my turn"  Pretty self explanatory.  It doesn't matter what someone has or what someone is doing, Brodie is pretty sure it is always his turn. 

5.  "I don't like it Alex".  We are working on having Brodie use his words instead of hitting or biting Alex when he gets mad.  So we he will say "I don't like it Alex" or "Stop it Alex" (usually while he is simultaneously hitting him :). 

6.  Brodie is obsessed with all things technology.  He loves our phones and the Ipad is his favorite thing!  He can maneuver around it amazingly well.  He has the kind of mind that likes to figure things out and he loves anything with buttons/parts, etc.  He has an engineer's mind.  

7. Brodie continues to be a very easy going child.  He is very sweet and loves to cuddle.  He definitely has his two year old "staking his independence" moments, but for the most part he is a little honey. He and Alex are playing more and more together and they also fight like siblings.  When Brodie gets mad and doesn't get his way he will throw a little fit sometimes and this usually involves throwing a toy or using a toy to hit something just to make sure we got his point that he is mad to be told no ;). 

8.  Brodie is talking up a storm these days.  He is really starting to carry on conversation and talks using 3-4 word phrases consistently now.  His little inflections and comments have us cracking up all the time.  He just sounds so old sometimes!

9.  His favorite food is Eric's white chicken chili!  He will also eat Buffalo chicken dip.  He is a good eater and not very picky.  

10.  Brodie loves to play outside.  He loves to ride on the little 4 wheeler and his dump truck. He always drives them in the grass and the says "oh no stuck in mud" and has to make a big ordeal about being stuck ;).  

I can't believe he is two - time has gone so fast!

Brodie as a newborn;


Brodie Age 1:


Brodie Age 2:



No comments:

Post a Comment