Here is what our sweet boy is up to these days:
*Brodie is still a very happy and content baby. We are on the go a lot - playing outside, going to playgrounds, the gardens, etc. Brodie just hangs out in his stroller and takes it all in and rarely makes a peep.
*He loves to bite/suck on blankets, clothes, bibs, burp clothes, etc.
*Brodie likes to make himself heard and is often squealing and vocalizing. Alex can always get him giggling!
*He still LOVES his bath time and kicks like crazy. He totally floods the kitchen floor and we need to move him to another bath option as he has definitely out grown the infant tub. Alex loves to help with bath time...
*He has been going 3 1/2 - 4 hours between feedings during they day and this is really nice and allows us to get out and about easier. He eats around 6:45 give or take for his last feeding of the night and then makes it until anywhere between 4:30-6:00 in the morning.
* I was thinking I would have to buy summer clothes for him since he was born opposite seasons from Alex, but I didn't need to worry as Alex's 12 month summer clothes fit him perfectly. Now I am just a little worried he may outgrow them by the end of summer :).
*Brodie is curious and a lot more interested in his toys lately...
*I fed him some oatmeal this past week and he did really well eating it, but that afternoon and night he was so gassy and I was up all night with a gassy/unsettled baby who would only sleep on me, so we are holding off another month before any more cereal I think. Of course Alex had to help.....
*Sleep is improving but still inconsistent. We bit the bullet and did they cry it out for going down at night and the first night it took 25 minutes and now he goes down much better - just needs a paci after a few minutes of fussing and then he usually goes right down. He is still up sometimes at night and needs a paci or a pat - as I am not as good at the cry it out thing in the middle of the night. Naps have been much better too - the morning nap ends up being on the go a lot, but he has been taking 2 - 2 1/2 hour afternoon naps. He still sometimes needs a little cat nap around 5:00 to tide him over until bedtime.
He is seriously just the sweetest little guy - just a snuggly, happy little boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment