Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Haircut and Pool Party

This past weekend Alex had his first big boy haircut and his first pool party at our house.


The haircut could also be called the "butcher job". The lady who cut his hair was not "child-friendly". I don't think she even acknowledged him the whole time. I think Alex sat great for his first time. He swatted at her hand a few times, but otherwise was distracted by his snack. I just asked for his wispy hairs to be trimmed, but there are a few sections I think she cut like 2 inches off - but oh well, hair grows. And now my baby does look like a big boy : ).


On Memorial Day we had all of our friends over for a pool party - 15 adults and 8 kids - I think. With a bad weather forecast (60% chance of rain) and a very dreary and gray morning, we didn't have a lot of hope for our party conditions. But, the sun came out and the day heated up and great fun was had as we welcomed in the start of summer!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the haircut!!! I think he looks so cute. And I bet his hair will start to grow in faster and thicker now that he had a cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew! when i saw you posted pictures of the pool party i was worried you caught me in my bathing suit!!!! thank goodness all you can see is the back of my head :-)

    ReplyDelete